Change has hit a sheet of ice placed there by the benefactors of a broken health
care system and an over active war machine, among others. Placed there by entities whose absence would make the world a better
For the last couple of decades American individuals have been experiencing less government while international corporations
have been experiencing welfare benefits on a massive scale in many forms. Obama could easily decrease taxes for the lower
80% and increase taxes for the upper 20%. The 20% need to realize they benefit from the happiness of the other 80%.
Its obvious by the amount of ramrodding by politians and confused citizenry that much more watchdogging of the media
needs to happen. If Obama can keep the air out of foxs tires (coverage of the Nevada caucus), We'll be a lot closer to
fair and balanced.
Pertinent links to important community and political organizations.Additional suggestions welcome.
Humanity has just consumed one trillion barrels of oil,and the United States has
consumed two hundred and fifty billion barrels of oil. Visualise a stack of one million barrels, now visualise 250.000 places
in the United States to put million barrel stacks. Who shielded us from alternatives in the seventies? Follow the money! Now
I ask the "conservatives" is conserving energy,air and water less important than conserving financial resources.
Pro choicers can better stop abortions by creating a loving community setting where all generations participate in the creation
of a child. Pro lifers want to get the government involved in everyones lives and separate the generations in the name of
profits (pre schools,nursing homes, health insurance, neighborhoods where no one knows their neighbors).
You may be as concerned as I've been about the reports of bee hives dying all across the United States. Scientists and
researchers are scrambling to figure out why beekeepers are experiencing enormous losses---30- 60% on the West and East coasts.
In Texas, the losses are more than 70%. Scientists at Cornell University estimate $14 billion dollars' worth of fruits, vegetables
and nuts depend on pollination from bees. Every third bite we consume in our diet is dependent on our bee friends.
So, I was overjoyed to read Sharon Labchuck's article in the Organic Consumers Association report. Sharon is a resident
of Prince Edward Island and is a longtime environmentalist and beekeeper, and has run for Parliament in the Green Party twice.
She says, "I'm on an organic beekeeping email list of about 1000 people, mostly Americans, and no one in the organic
beekeeping world, including commercial beekeepers, is reporting colony collapse on this list."
While beekeepers using "modern" methods are losing bees to varroa mites, pesticides, and other contaminants,
organic beekeepers are turning to more traditional methods. One of the issues may sound familiar: bigger is not always better.
In the past 100 years bees have been bred to be bigger than their wild counterparts. By giving bees smaller wax foundations,
bees get smaller and more robust.
To Learn more: http://www.organicconsumers.org/bees. cfm
Yet another clue to lead us toward sustainable living! Pursue the humble, manageable, time worthy methods of life and